Here is the final-textured version of the RI Drollarian Condor. I decided to create a fun scene with it and was pretty happy with the results. I’m also posting a showcase view below for a better look at the texture, if interested. Hope you enjoy and thanks for viewing! 🙂
Monthly Archives: January 2015
Hi. Here is a mostly-finished, fresh model; RI Drollarian Condor. I’m still playing around with varying weathered-texture processes, which are always fun for me, and I’m getting closer to a style I like. I used a custom-created base weathering layer wrapped with one UV map, then incorporated a mix of using a custom displacement map to drive some of the color too (along with a normal map) and mixed it with a decals UV map. The process is quick enough for me to get my concept ideas out. Then if something really strikes my fancy, I finish dialing in the detail I want later. This particular model sports an early level of detail but I still thought it looked kinda cool already. I really like this camera angle. Hope you enjoy!
Here’s a new atmo/space craft for your enjoyment. Mainly I was messing around with different texturing ideas. Nothing too definitive as I started this with no real design direction. Thought I’d post anyway for fun. I consider this as a futuristic barnstormer of sorts. Hope you enjoy!
Hello! Here’s a fresh model, a new iteration of an older one; RI Galaxy Rider Mrk2. I’ve been spending more time really playing around with textures lately, trying to dial in a more weathered look without custom-painting it. I’m not necessarily taking a procedural approach but am using procedural methods with some custom-created textures (if that makes sense). Right now, I’m kinda geeking on the typical greyish-looking motif. I thought it’d be fun to build a quick-n-dirty mirror-box around it. It’s a fast way to show some of the other views within the same scene. And I had done that with the first iteration of this line too, so it was a nice similarity.
Concerning the textures, I used some seamless ones I created and uv-wrapped them around the model with different methods . . . all combined to create the final look. And you’ll note I added some emission surfaces as well for the engines/lights. There’s a lot of layers happening here that may not be readily visible. (My postwork was the engine-inset, title and frame.)
Hi everyone! Hope all is well. I’ve been out of pocket for a few weeks, building a new computer and other things, but I’m finally getting settled again.
Here’s a quick concept ship render; RI Accelerator Mrk2. Nothing fancy, as I went into this with no design direction.
I’m learning new processes and techniques to see how I can (if at all) incorporate those into my current workflow. Here, I was exploring new ultra-smooth texturing options and to see how my quick-n-dirty volumetric exhaust plumes look. They’re not particle based but mainly a volumetric shape lit from within the exhaust ports. It’s nothing too serious but enough to imply some sort of action at least. Anyway. Hope you enjoy and I plan to start posting more regularly again. Thanks for viewing!